CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATE
At Cook Group Ltd the Health and Safety of our employees and clients is paramount. We are actively monitoring the rapidly changing Coronavirus situation, and have put measures in place to ensure our employees and clients are as safe as possible. Until advised otherwise, we are continuing to operate as normal, with increased hygiene measures and distancing protocols. The situation is under constant review by our management team and any new developments will be taken into account.
With regard to our head office, we are closed to all visitors and any meetings shall now be conducted electronically. If you need to contact us, our telephone number is 01482343251
The current advice listed as per the government website is as follows;
This advice is intended for:
- people with symptoms that may be caused by coronavirus, and do not require hospital treatment, who must remain at home until they are well
- those living in households with someone who shows symptoms that may be caused by coronavirus
- If you live alone and you have symptoms of coronavirus illness (COVID-19), however mild, stay at home for 7 days from when your symptoms started
- If you live with others and you or one of them have symptoms of coronavirus, then all household members must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days. The 14-day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill
- It is likely that people living within a household will infect each other or be infected already. Staying at home for 14 days will greatly reduce the overall amount of infection the household could pass on to others in the community
- For anyone in the household who starts displaying symptoms, they need to stay at home for 7 days from when the symptoms appeared, regardless of what day they are on in the original 14 day isolation period.
If you have coronavirus symptoms:
- do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital
- you do not need to contact 111 to tell them you’re staying at home
- testing for coronavirus is not needed if you’re staying at home
- plan ahead and ask others for help to ensure that you can successfully stay at home and consider what can be done for vulnerable people in the household
- ask your friends and family to help you to get the things you need to stay at home
- wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds, each time using soap and water, or use hand sanitiser
- If you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home, or your condition gets worse, or your symptoms do not get better after 7 days, then use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service. If you do not have internet access, call NHS 111. For a medical emergency dial 999
Things to help you prepare now
Make a plan for your household or family
The best thing you can do now is plan for how you can adapt your daily routine, and that of others in your household, to be able to follow this advice. Some of the ways in which you could prepare include:
- talk to your neighbours and family and exchange phone numbers of household contacts
- consider and plan for those in your home who are considered vulnerable
- create a contact list with phone numbers of neighbours, schools, employer, chemist, NHS 111
- set up online shopping accounts if possible
We appreciate that this is a trying and uncertain time and we would like to thank our employees for their resilience and hard work over the past few weeks.
From everyone at Cook Group, we would like to wish you and your families well. Stay safe and take care of those around you.
On behalf of Cook Group Ltd,